There will be a meeting Saturday, July 27th, 2013, 10:00am, at the Pleasant Ridge Branch of the Cincinnati Public Library, located at 6233 Montgomery Road, Cincinnati, OH
I don’t have a topic yet, if there’s something you want to hear about, let me know, but leave out the Spam!
Steve Jones E-Mail
Thank you and hope to see you at the meeting!
The Meeting Minutes were as follows;
Bill Stowell says:
2013/07/29 at 10:44
My notes on Meeting 7-27-13: Please feel free to comment and add or modify my recollections based on your recollections.
Ideas for the Cincinnati Linux Users Group From meeting 7-27-13
I. Possible interactions with other groups:
a) Python Group in Cincinnati, have members of their group give lectures to Clug, have a joint meeting from time to time
b) University of Cincinnati Linux group, have members of their group give lectures to Clug, have a joint meeting from time to time
interact via special interest groups
Need: Point of contact for discussions
II. Special Interest Groups:
a) Linux Certification Group
1. Comprised of folks who would like to become certified linux administrators, software experts or other.
2. Lay-out certification requirements and materials/study/information needs
3. Develop timelines and milestone events
4. Get the work done—
b) Vulnerability studies group
1. Folks interested in IT security, Current tools for breaching computer security and how they work
2. Choose various available tools to study; obtain source code; ask questions
II. Desired Presentations:
a) New presentation on how to set up MYTH TV
1. Includes general discussion on how the program works and general hardware discussion to include problem areas and insights
2. Includes one “set-up for Dummies”–i.e. This is the specific hardware, software and set-up used and it works.
b) How to set up a web server on Raspberry Pi
c)How to set up and use Amazon cloud/web services
d) Raspberry PI/Arduino Robot how it was done and details
III. Meeting Format:
1) Start meeting with introductions and possible with a linux question of some sort
2) Always have a time to “Solve the Problem” or “Answer the Question”
IV: Other: Community Involvement*
a) Talk with the library we meet in about having a linux install meeting
1. Talk with vendors, refurbishers, schools, businesses about free computers for distribution to the community
b) Talk with churches, schools, etc. about having a linux install time
* The first contacts/viable places to help folks with linux will be the first one we do. In CLUG each member is “the leadership”.